Quality Assurance Analyst/ Software Tester
Come join our Development team!
Affinio is now looking for a talented and driven Quality Assurance Analyst/Software Tester to join our award-winning Development team.
What you’ll be doing:
- Execute manual and automated testing of Affinio software
- Develop, implement and maintain test strategies and test plans
- Identify defects that occur throughout all phases of the development life cycle
- Work closely with the development team to identify, reproduce and track defects
- Ensure software releases meet high quality standards and meet testing deadlines
- Work with developers to improve the overall quality and usability of the features
- Design and develop test cases and perform usability and regression testing
- Take a systematic approach to planning and scheduling work
- Work collaboratively with Product and Dev teams
What’s in it for you:
- Space-age data tech: You’ll be working on the newest and most unexplored frontiers of data on the web.
- Autonomy: It's our job to make sure that you'll never feel like a cog in some machine. Every developer has a say in building our product. We’re driven by data: the desire to express and make it understandable, and to learn from our own users. Your decisions help make data make sense.
- Freedom: Experience flexible work hours! Have a repair person coming to your home? Adjust your work hours or work from home - life happens. Did we also mention we don’t have a dress code? Be comfortable while you work.
- Room to grow: Affinio is growing fast and you should too. Learn and develop with us.
- Energy at work: We offer paid volunteer days, Friday happy hours and an office ping pong table. How cool is that?
- Be a part of something big: We’re competing on a global scale. Join a dynamic and innovative team that is building Affinio from the ground up.
What we are looking for:
- Minimum 6-months to 1-year of previous experience in a QA role at a software company and a keen understanding of the QA process.
- Degree or Diploma in Computer Science or related field of study, or equivalent combination of experience and/or education.
- Experience with cross-browser UI and Visual tests.
- Experience testing RESTful APIs.
- Experience with automated test runners and their environments, such as Selenium and Phantom.js, and test runners like Testem or Karma.
- Data-Security-minded testing experience.
- Adaptability, flexibility and the ability to do quality work under heavy workloads and tight deadlines.
- Excellent teamwork skills.
- Must be highly organized and work well with priority changes and/or pressure.
- Willingness and demonstrated ability to create/influence new process and structure.
- Familiarity with the start-up, tech space is an asset.
If this sounds like you and you’re looking to join the Affinio team, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. This posting will remain open until filled.